Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blame it on the rain!!


My "healthy living, being active" routine started off really well, the week before last. HOWEVER last week was a different story. Nature decided to  provide us with what felt like years of rain all condensed into one week!  We even had tornadoes in some areas. I for one HATE the rain. I HATE driving in it, I HATE going out in it, I just HATE it.  My hair hates it too. It gets all mad and frizzy, more than usual.
So I fell off the wagon last week. I did not go to they gym or take any morning walks.  Yeah I know, it did cross my mind to pop in a workout DVD at home, but the rain also has this lazy effect on me.  To make matters worse for my  healthy living plans,  my husband was out of town all last week, and he usually helps out with stuff at home, which  makes it easier for me to take off and go to the gym for a bit.  I do want to say that I did not give up just yet, I took my morning power walk today and will be doing so tomorrow as well. I'm getting myself back on track.

On a related note:

I found this book while clearing up some clutter at my desk at work today:


Office Yoga , Simple Stretches for Busy People by Darrin Zeer
I received it in a gift basket over the holidays and at the time didn't really care for it, but today I thought, wow, what a great idea! This is just what I need.  Incorporating some yoga while at work is a great way to relieve some stress and keep active while cooped up in the office all day. The book has over 50 illustrated stretches and  techniques that are easy to follow. The stretches are designed to be used anytime, anywhere, so anyone can make good use of it.  I'm definitely going to keep this book handy. There are many times throughout my day when I could sure use some stress relief.

2 comments:

  1. You’ll get back on track; I think everyone is suffering from a bit of seasonal affective disorder with this blustery weather. I think I may need to get a copy of that book because as you know dealing with people all day long can be a bit stressful! Congrats on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're doing more than me, that's for sure! I'm sure you'll stay on track. If you are walking with my Tia still...she'll help keep you on track.

    ReplyDelete