Friday, March 26, 2010

Real Estate Adventures- Chicks Rule!!

Ever since I became a Real Estate agent, my mailbox gets bombarded with all kinds of newsletters and magazines.  In the March 2010 issue of Realtor Magazine, I came across this interestesing and fun article regarding demographics.  We all know that throughout the years women have become more and more independent. Case and point: according the National Association of Realtors, single women make up 20% of buyers, up from 14% in 1995. Wow, that's a big chunk. The article also points out that women are very influential when it comes to buying a new home. Women directly purchase or have stronger say over men in the purchase of 91% of new homes. 91%!!!!
Since women are so influential when buying a home the company Design Basics gathered data and performed reseach regarding what women want and came up with 4 types of women buyers:
1. "MAGGIE" Looks for comfort and function. Maggie is adventurous and spontaneous and preffers less upkeep. She pulls toward the "green" design.

2."ELISE" Very family oriented. She wants a home that's easy to clean, low maintenance, and durable. Elise wants storage and a large laundry room.  Elise is more likely to go with a traditional design, such as a country kitchen.

3. "CLAIRE" Status driven. Claire likes brand names and quality products like crown molding and a gourmet kitchen. She also wants space for formal entertaining . Claire appreciates symmetry in design.

4. "MARGO" Work oriented. Margo likes modern design and clean lines. She likes geometric shapes and unusual features like a J shaped kitchen island instead of a traditional rectangular.  Margo prefers edgy, European trends. 

While not all women are easy to classify, and some women may have a combination of these personas, the idea is for this to serve as a sales tool or guide to help with marketing and customer service.

3 comments:

  1. I'm Elise with a touch of Claire, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..as I was writting this, I thought about who would read this, and immediately thought of you! I totally agree,you are definately Elise/Claire. LOL. I'm Margo with a touch of Elise...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! Ya, I’m officially addicted to my Zillow.com App. I’m driving hubby crazy with all the cute houses I keep finding (but he insists on waiting a little longer)! So, I actually have tons of questions for you. LOL

    ReplyDelete